For starters, it would be best to make it your test domain so that if you will be able to create others, you will have the chance to choose which among those that you have will you set as the official name of your website. iPage is also generous enough that it will cater one free domain among all the many pages that you have on every account that you registered with this web hosting provider.
Presented here are some of the important points on the agreement:
- The payments for your domains will be done via iPage including all other fees such as domain renewal fees, registration fees, and among others.
- Domains that are already taken by other users will not be available for your use. This would mean that you will have to choose other names that are still free. The registration process will prompt you if you would need to enter another domain.
- The free domain that is promised will be given to you only after you have chosen to agree and commit with the service.
- It is your duty to check that all the information provided are correct and true since iPage will not be responsible for validating it. The web hosting provider will just forward it immediately to the domain registration body.
- Unpaid domains that are already due for renewal may be sold by iPage to other users.
For those developers who would want to use government extensions such as www.military.gov, they may have to go through certain approval. The approval would also be based on the site’s legitimacy and real connection with a government agency. Prices of domains usually start at less than $5 per year but would still be discounted if you are able to register your domain for more than one a year at time.
Some other domains are sold at $7.99. You can also check on hosting packages as some of them already have domain prices.
iPage also gives you marketing credits on huge sites like Yahoo and Facebook, for example. Aside from that, here are some if its specifications:
- Free security suite
- Uses wind energy
- Provides access to online stores to help put up eCommerce sites