Whatever those reasons are, since you own your site and its site contents, you can always choose to do this. On the transfer, you can either decide to:
- Transfer just your domain, basically just the name of your website
- Transfer your entire site including all the items found on its database. This would mean like moving your entire contents away from your old provider and transfer it all entirely to your new one including all minute items.
Your domain is much like your mailing address. It will be the determinant of post offices and its officers in helping you get the mail that a sender wants you to have. How do we get these domains? Domains are obtained by purchasing them from domain registrars that are facilitating these domains on the net.
iPage comes with easy to follow through interface that aids you in getting your domain. Usually, domains are paid on different terms of agreements but mostly, they are paid annually. Domains that are set with other hosting sites are transferrable to iPage and this is offered for free. Even the actual domain registrations are also free with iPage.
- Unlocking your domain– domains are locked after the registration process as a form of protection for your page and its contents. Unlocking your domain should be the first thing that you need to do.
- Get a transfer authorization code– this is required for the transfer. You can check on iPage Knowledgebase, an online table, to know how to get the transfer authorization code from your specific registrar. This is usually done either through an email send over to your email add or could also be directly displayed in your hosting account.
- Do your iPage registration– once you are already done registering with iPage, login to your account and go to the admin control panel.
- Go to the DomainCentral– DomainCentral is used to manage your domains. Navigate towards it and key in your domain name. Click on “Add Existing Domain” then hit on “Add”. Select the domain name you’ve just previously entered.
- Put your Transfer Code– type in your transfer authorization code and hit on “Transfer”.
- Email Confirmation– a confirmation of the transfer that you want to perform will be sent on your email. Go through it.
- Lock your domain once more– since your domain is unlocked at the moment of transfer, your final step would be to lock it again.